Terms and Conditions Summary
1. Contract with Customer and Seller : These terms and conditions, along with those set out in applicable tariffs and the Service Order (as described below), are all the terms of the agreement among ShipConnect Technologies, Inc. and its agents and carriers ("ShipConnect"), the seller of the item(s) to be shipped ("Seller"), and the buyer or owner of the item(s) to be shipped ("Customer"). By creating a ShipConnect Shipment ID for an item(s), Seller or Customer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions with respect to such item(s). By selecting ShipConnect as the manner of shipment for the item(s) owned or purchased, Customer or Seller agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. When a shipment is tendered to our agent or to the carrier directly, the Customer and Seller accept the terms and anyone else who has an expressed interest in the shipment. The terms and conditions also protect anyone who is contracted to pick up, pack, transport, or deliver the shipment. No employee of the carrier, agent or anyone else has any authority to change any of the terms and conditions, or make any promises on the behalf of the carrier. By selecting ShipConnect as the manner of shipment of the item(s) purchased, Customer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE PRESS THE "REJECT" BUTTON AND DO NOT USE THESE SERVICES.
2. What is a shipment : A shipment is all items and pieces packed, boxed, pad wrapped, crated, or containerized that travel under one bill of lading, and not just a single piece or item included in the shipment. The Seller and the Customer certifies that the details are complete and accurate. The Customer and Seller agree that all shipments may be carried by any means, including truck, air vessel, or any other carrier unless the Customer or Seller gives specific instructions to the contrary.
3. Modification : Only ShipConnect has the authority to change any of these terms and conditions or the Service Order. The Service Order shall control in the event of any inconsistencies with these terms and conditions. The Service Order and these terms and conditions shall control in the event of any inconsistencies with any other transportation documents accompanying the shipment. ANY ATTEMPTED MODIFICATION OF THE SERVICE ORDER OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL NOT BE BINDING UPON SHIPCONNECT UNLESS SPECIFICALLY ACCEPTED BY SHIPCONNECT IN WRITING.
4. International shipments : The customer automatically appoints the carrier as agent to conduct Customs entry and clearance and certifies the carrier as the customer's consignee solely for the purpose of designating the carrier as broker to perform Customs entry clearance.
5. Right to Reject Requests for Shipping Services: ShipConnect reserves the right to reject any request for shipping in its sole discretion. Without limitation, any shipment containing any item that is considered a restricted article or hazardous material by the Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), or the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), will not be shipped by ShipConnect. Shipments containing items that cannot be transported legally or safely, include, but are not limited to: